The Saree Etiquette for the Corporate Woman
The Colourful Jamboree Emerald Green Liva Shimmer Saree navyāsa
For all our readers and fellow fashion fiends, we have curated these chic styles of wearing a saree that is contemporary and look good on women of any age. You can blend vintage, classy, bohemian, and contemporary styles and give the drape an urban twist. Choose from these 10 styles of wearing a saree and look your elegant best. Hope you love this amazing saree draping guide, visit online shopping sites and shop some sarees, learn how to tie a saree perfectly and slay in any occasion. Well, there are many saree draping styles to look slim and many saree materials to look slim.
- Hope you love this amazing saree draping guide, visit online shopping sites and shop some sarees, learn how to tie a saree perfectly and slay in any occasion.
- Therefore, curvier women can wear this saree when they are going to a party or any ethnic occasion.
- Make sure you pick the appropriate fabric if you want to appear poised and sophisticated.
- One of them is sporting a saree with stunning off-shoulder blouses.
- When we’re learning how to drape a saree to look slim, we need to first figure which type of saree can be incorporated in our fashion statement.
- Two pins, one on top and one in the center, should be used to secure the pleats.
For them pairing them with tricky blouse can turn out to be more stressful. To ease things down, such ladies can use a couple of tricks.
Learn How to Wear Silk Saree Perfectly: Step by Step
Initially, these sarees were more prominently used among the royal families. But as time passed, it became popular among the other people too. Style Tips for Wearing a Mysore Silk SareeAll women love Mysore silk sarees. Follow these style tips given below- Mysore silk sarees can flatter any body type. Therefore, curvier women can wear this saree when they are going to a party or any ethnic occasion. Instead of wearing an Anarkali, opt for a Mysore silk saree for a graceful look.
- – Women who have an olive or dark complexion can opt for shades like pink, maroon and green.
- Venture into street style by pairing your saree with a rugged pair of denim.
- There are many who are not in the habit of draping a saree.
- What if you could combine the ease of wearing a pair of jeans with the elegant look of the saree?
The fish cut style saree is distinctive majorly because of its petticoat. This petticoat is fitted at the waist and flares at the bottom, which highlights your shape. As you may have already guessed, it is the petticoat that steals the show. Want to know how our peeps in Maharashtra style the saree in India? pin up casino
fashion businesses trust us globally.
We strongly suggest silk or lycra petticoats in the perfect match. Please buy long petticoats and adjust to the exact height after wearing your shoes.
The denim trend train doesn’t stop here, you can pair your saree with everything denim- skirts, shorts, you name it! Just dip your toe to test the waters by layering a denim jacket over your saree to complete the look. Spice your look with a fitted graphic tee acting as the blouse. You can create the full effect by wearing your favorite shirt and knotting it in the front or back to show off that midriff. Try bringing the two worlds together by picking traditional crafts like Batik, Indigo or Kalamkari. Roll up those sleeves when sporting plaid and throw in some killer shades.
Since so many years, the Mysore silk sarees have still made the vibrant, glorious ethnic touch and quality stuck to its bottom line. History of Mysore Silk SareesThe period of Tipu Sultan’s reign holds the credit for the growth of the silk industry in the Kingdom of Mysore. Whereas the introduction of Mysore silk sarees was done by Maharaja of Mysore, Krishna Raj Vadhiyar who travelled to London to attend Queen Victoria’s Jubilee Celebration.
- Please buy long petticoats and adjust to the exact height after wearing your shoes.
- Do try something funky – A printed petticoat might look very exciting with a very transparent saree.
- This style looks iconic with trending saree designs like a printed saree or a plain saree with an embroidered pallu.
- Majority of the ladies prefer to wear high heels, so get them ready in advance.
- Pin up the saree with the pallu firmly and do not leave it hanging.
- You could choose fabrics for the petticoat from satin, silk, and cotton.
Sarees sliding off the shoulders are considered a wardrobe malfunction and we must avoid it. Most of us love to wear a saree to the office but we often give up on the idea because of one of the following notions.
The “Atpourey Style”
From pant style sarees to the sophisticated belted look, we bring you the most trending saree designs that you should try. You can make the pallu of the saree even before draping the saree. In this also the pin will prove to be very helpful for you. You have to set the pallu plates of the saree well first and then put a pin in it. Put this pin where you are going to put the pin by placing the pallu on the shoulder. Doing this will also help you get an idea of how big you want the pallu to be.
- The elegant and classy saree has wowed women for centuries and is still a fierce competition to its Western counterparts.
- Your pleats should be firmly in place and should not budge.
- Pinup the tip of your saree pallu gently and allow the rest of the saree fall on your hand.
- This is one of the unique ways to wear a saree and carry a contemporary chic look, perfect for modern work environments.
Pinup the tip of your saree pallu gently and allow the rest of the saree fall on your hand. – Choose a saree with thin zari borders if you are on the shorter side.
A Brief History of Cargo Pants: From Military Uniform to Fashion Staple
Petticoats can make a saree appear bulkier, whereas shapewear enhances your body, holds the saree in place, makes you look in shape. It is also incredibly simple to wear and carry because of its skirt-like form. Just drape your saree over it and flaunt your new curvy figure.
- Every drape serves a different purpose, and looks different and thus is fashion forward.
- You can make the pallu of the saree even before draping the saree.
- Add a denim twist to your look and take it up a notch by draping a saree over a pair of jeans.
- If you’re curvy, the butterfly saree draping style would be an amazing pick.
- The pant style saree walked off the runway and entered the showrooms of high street brands in 2018, and is one of the trending saree designs.
Experimenting with various textures can result in a breathtaking silhouette. Pinning a complimentary embroidered dupatta on a sheer solid saree with an off-shoulder blouse is just one way to do it. A unique and elegant blend of wearing a saree for the young hearts or women of any age. Traditionally, all sarees used to be worn with ready-made, standard sized, cotton petticoats that came with a drawstring.
How To Wear Saree: Trendy Saree Wearing Styles
Do you love to wear your handloom cottons and silks, but are not sure how to ‘appear’ slim while draping these gorgeous sarees? Here are a few tips to follow to give you that flattering look in your favourite sarees. Similar to the lehenga, half sarees were once the most fashionable attire among young women. Today, the style is back to becoming a coveted look thanks to the wide variety of designs, styles, textures, and colours that they now come it.
The length of the saree will rely on the height of your heels. Some people may take offense to a bright red or purple lipstick and bring undue attention to your face.
Mysore Silk Sarees come from the most famous silk-producing district in Karnataka called Mysore. About 45% of total silk production in the country comes from Karnataka itself. Mysore Silk Sarees are a pure, elegant artwork made of silk threads with golden zari and brocade designs. The exquisite patterns on the pallu and border of these sarees make them noteworthy. Mysore silk sarees have stolen the heart of many women since ages, and it continues to do so with its wide range of intricate design patterns. The floral motifs, mango butti and kairi shaped brocade make a popular choice for women in the market.
- In this article, we’ve included a little bit about saree draping styles to look slim.
- For all our readers and fellow fashion fiends, we have curated these chic styles of wearing a saree that is contemporary and look good on women of any age.
- The highlight though, is that some of them come with pockets!
- From pant style sarees to the sophisticated belted look, we bring you the most trending saree designs that you should try.
Look phenomenal in this Gujarati style drape that you can team with a shirt-style, full sleeves blouse with a unique neckline. Shirt style blouses have gained a cult following lately with women of all walks of life donning them with various necklines and patterns. Picking a saree with patterns that incline towards the contemporary palette would keep you on trend. Every drape serves a different purpose, and looks different and thus is fashion forward. Here is a low-down on how to wear saree in different style step by step.
Saree draping tricks
The first step to acing any saree style is understanding different styles and drapes. Which is why, you need to know how to wear saree step by step.
- Saree pins can improve the overall look of the saree in addition to serving as a practical accessory to hold the pallu in place.
- This is one of the most popular contemporary saree draping styles.
- A unique and elegant blend of wearing a saree for the young hearts or women of any age.
- But this versatile attire lets you add your personal touch to it as well.
- Even though Saree itself is a layered ensemble but the draping pattern can bring an added charm to it.
Be it the scorching summers, or the chilly winters, cotton can be worn any time of the day with ease. We’re real people and real people have different types of bodies. You really don’t need to lose weight or be of the ideal height to look great in a saree.
How to Wear a Saree- Step by Step Tutorial
You can play around with different top styles like- halter, a bikini style with a matching jacket. When wearing a cold-shoulder, you can pull out your pallu from the cutout for a dramatic look. Some of us may have caught ourselves in a seemingly never-ending loop as we tried to get a hold of the pallu while trying to tie a saree for the first time.
- The fish cut style saree is distinctive majorly because of its petticoat.
- A lucky few may have conquered the whole nine yards in style, and then there are some who carry a bunch of safety pins at the ready every time they wear a saree.
- Check out the above video to learn how to wear saree in modern style.
- This will help you understand how to wear a saree to look slim step by step.
- Today, petticoats are available in a variety of fabrics, patterns and styles and can even be made to order to fit your body type.
You could choose fabrics for the petticoat from satin, silk, and cotton. With an adjustable drawstring and no extra frills at the petticoat.
Saree draping tips
To get this look, team a lehenga or skirt with your favourite silk saree and blouse. Saree pins can improve the overall look of the saree in addition to serving as a practical accessory to hold the pallu in place.
- The exquisite patterns on the pallu and border of these sarees make them noteworthy.
- You can play around with different top styles like- halter, a bikini style with a matching jacket.
- Flaunt your curves in the transparent saree, which is probably the most sensuous garment ever.
- Refer to my blog about makeup tips for professional women here for more details.
Use a pair of small beads where the safety pin enters and leaves the fabric, as shown in this picture. This will prevent the pin from accidentally tearing the saree during a sudden pull or jerk.
A Saree with a Jacket
That’s because the need to reinvent the saree has always been on the mind of fashionistas. For saree styles for farewell, the indo-western saree can be a pretty choice. Check out the above video to learn how to wear saree in modern style.
- Bring in the glitz and glam of embroidery or embrace your rustic roots by wrapping yourself in a quintessential saree and teaming up with a complimentary cape.
- Shimmy into your favorite saree and layer it with a sheer embellished cape.
- Since so many years, the Mysore silk sarees have still made the vibrant, glorious ethnic touch and quality stuck to its bottom line.
- This sophisticated look is ideal for work wear and family functions.
- We at Bewakoof believe that sarees are trendy, gorgeous and modern and can be worn on both casual and formal occasions.
If you are wearing a Mysore silk saree at work, pin up the pleated saree completely. This South Indian silk saree is a great alternative to salwar suit when you are heading to work or a semi-formal occasion. When you are draping the saree, ensure that the pleats are pressed carefully. – Women who have an olive or dark complexion can opt for shades like pink, maroon and green.
ZEENAT BLUSH SAREE
But we know it is not that easy as it keeps sliding back on your shoulders. There’s a huge pool of looks that we might be missing out, but we are absolutely in awe with the ones above. Also, if customization makes your heart tick, don’t forget to check the width of the fabric! You need a minimum of inches width for crafting any of these concept sarees. Venture into street style by pairing your saree with a rugged pair of denim. Slip into your go-to denim shirt with a rather traditional saree and accessorize.
- Spice your look with a fitted graphic tee acting as the blouse.
- One would choose a petticoat that matched the base colour of the saree it was to be worn with and there wasn’t much more to it.
- Put on your shoes before you drape your saree, to ensure that it is of the proper length.
- Available in more than a dozen styles, this traditional ensemble is being donned for centuries in our country.
- This awesome Marathi style saree is also known as the Nauvari saree drape.
This will help you understand how to wear a saree to look slim step by step. The journey of traditional sarees taking the contemporary route has seen a pleasant headway over time which indeed has swarmed the fashion screens and markets alive.
The Gujarati Drape with a Twist
Atpur, a small village in Hooghly, West Bengal was known for weaving coarser sarees for everyday wear. The casual style of draping sarees got its name “atpourey” meaning informal from here. It is rather simple, doesn’t require careful pleating, and used to be a convenient way for women to carry their keys by tying the keyring at the end of the pallav. If traditional is what you want to retain, drape this saree the conventional way and wear it with an off shoulder, or fit-n-flair top.
- But as time passed, it became popular among the other people too.
- Since then it has been tweaked to fit each decade with designers like Tarun Tahiliani, Satya Paul and Sabyasachi Mukherjee giving us the chills these days.
- When it comes to off-shoulder blouses, the fitting of it becomes essential so that even when it sleeves slide from its place, the bodice can support the entire piece.
- Skip the usual lehenga and drape yourself in this traditional silk saree for an elegant and gorgeous look.
- Shoes should be slightly more stylish than those you wear with a formal suit but not as gorgeous or informal as the ones you combine with jeans or wedding attire.
We recommend pinning it right at the back of your shoulder. Blouses are supposed to be well-fitted so that you can flaunt your curves in the traditional drape. When it comes to off-shoulder blouses, the fitting of it becomes essential so that even when it sleeves slide from its place, the bodice can support the entire piece. When wearing an off-shoulder blouse, the sleeves should be on point so that you look your best.
Check out the 6 saree hacks that every woman should know to look elegant and stylish in any saree.
It is best suited for cocktail parties and wedding receptions where you can pair it with a high neck blouse and a pair of danglers to keep it simple yet classy. Now if you choose the right safety pin and pin-up the saree properly, then your saree will fit well and the saree will not be spoiled. For this, you need to know where the pin should be placed in the saree. Buy more cotton ones to get a fuller figure if you’re skinny. Put on your shoes before you drape your saree, to ensure that it is of the proper length. Majority of the ladies prefer to wear high heels, so get them ready in advance.
When hitting work, you can go for a solid saree with a cape style overcoat to give off that boss lady vibes. Sarees can be worn everyday, but when you’re dolling up for a wedding your saree can be your secret weapon to nailing a great wedding look. Shoes should be slightly more stylish than those you wear with a formal suit but not as gorgeous or informal as the ones you combine with jeans or wedding attire. Now that we have seen how to pick the right saree and wear it correctly, let us now focus on accessories and jewelry that goes well with a formal saree.
More from my site